Check out our Pricing page for the most up to date info.
We’re excited to let you know about some improvements we’ve made to our international wires. You can now send international wires with greater speed (1-3 days).
We’ve also made international wires free to send for Mercury Tea Room users (they previously cost $20).
A better international wire experience
When we launched Mercury, we focused on building a simple UI to make sending international wires easy. But the underlying rails for international wires are unstandardized and arcane, and we quickly realized true ease of use would require greater investment in underlying infrastructure.
After a few months of work, we’ve added new partners and made a few upgrades:
- Wires are faster now. Your international wires should reach their destinations within 1-3 days (previously it could take up to 9).
- There are no wire minimums. You can send international wires in any dollar amount (and it’s always free for Tea Room customers).
- Your international wires will be received with your business name. Your wire recipient will see your company’s name on every wire sent, rather than the names of our partners. Hopefully this reduces a little bit of confusion.
- Tracking is improved. We can now use SWIFT GPI to update you on the status of your wire more consistently.
- Tea Room users send international wires for free. You can learn more about joining Mercury Tea Room here.
Thanks to Colin and the Three J’s (Jackie, Jake, and Jonathan) for bringing these improvements to life.
If you have any questions, or other product ideas, just send us a note at [email protected].
The Mercury Team