First-class banking for VC funds
Join 2,500+ VC funds that bank with Mercury to manage investments in their portfolio companies — from U.S. to overseas entities.
An expanding feature set VCs can bank on
Apply in 10 minutes or less
1:1 relationship management
Free and fast wire transfers
Custom user controls
Cutting-edge tools and security that pave the way forward
Protection beyond FDIC insurance
Customers can manage bank risk and protect their funds with up to $5M in FDIC insurance1 through our partner banks and use of sweep networks — plus access additional security through a money market fund.
Unlock international capabilities
Easily send wire payments from your entities to your portfolio companies and expand your international investments.
Expedite operational efficiencies
Connect with Plaid for ACH transfers and use foolproof instructions to send speedy wires to your portfolio companies. You can specify a designated approver for each transfer before syncing it to QuickBooks.
One-on-one expert guidance
Your needs come first — and high-touch, white-glove service is part of the Mercury package for VC funds. Bank with confidence knowing your dedicated relationship manager is always one message away.
Manage all your accounts from one place
Create separate accounts for your fund, your SPVs, and your management company — and toggle between them with ease.
Benefits that reach your whole portfolio
But don’t just take it from us
Open an account with zero monthly fees.Learn more
- FDIC-insured checking & savings
- No monthly fees or overdraft fees
- Free domestic and international (USD) wires
- Free ACH transfers
- Flat 1% currency exchange fee
- 1.5% cashback2 on all credit spend
- Free DACAs & Letters of Credit
When you have questions, we have answersSee full FAQ
- Ensuring the FDIC insurance coverage on your checking and savings accounts up to $5M — 20x the standard per bank limit — through our partner banks and sweep networks1. This is enabled on every new Mercury account by default, and for existing users, Vault will prompt you to opt into the sweep networks if you haven’t already.
- Investing uninsured cash into a Mercury Treasury* money market fund, consisting of 99.5% investments in US government-backed securities, for additional safeguarding.
Mercury Treasury, by Mercury Advisory, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor. Registration with the SEC does not imply a certain level of skill or training. SEC registration does not mean the SEC has approved of the services of the investment adviser.
Mercury Advisory, LLC (the “Firm”) is an investment management firm that offers a wrap fee program that allows small businesses to invest idle cash in relatively low-risk, short-term instruments. Please see the ADV Wrap Fee Brochure for further information regarding fees and conflicts.
The performance discussed herein is historic and reflects an investment for a limited period of time. It should not be assumed that future investors would experience returns, if any, comparable to those illustrated herein. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. Investment results will fluctuate. Returns are not guaranteed. All investments are subject to the risk of loss, including the loss of principal. No representation is being made that an investment account has, will, or is likely to achieve profits or losses equal to the profits or losses shown. Actual returns will vary greatly and depend on personal and market conditions. Before investing, consider your financial goals and the costs of using the program.
Furthermore, the information set forth has been obtained from sources that the Firm believes to be reliable; however, these sources cannot be guaranteed as to their accuracy or completeness. The information contained herein is not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities. The information has been prepared solely for the purpose of determining your level of interest in Mercury Treasury and to provide general background information on such algorithmic investment program.
Examples of forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, estimates with respect to financial condition, results of operations, and success or lack of success of the depicted investment strategy. All are subject to various factors, including, but not limited to general and local economic conditions, changing levels of competition within certain industries and markets, changes in interest rates, changes in legislation or regulation, and other economic, competitive, governmental, regulatory and technological factors affecting operations that could cause actual results to differ materially from projected results.
Targeted returns (e.g., forward-looking statements of performance up to a stated return) reflects the returns that the Firm is seeking to achieve over a particular period of time. Projected returns reflect the Firm’s performance estimate – i.e., the returns that the Firm believes can be achieved using the advertised investment services. Target returns are presented to inform clients or potential clients about the Firm’s risk tolerances when managing the Mercury Treasury strategy and to provide information useful to a client or potential client when assessing how the Firm’s strategy fits within the investor’s overall portfolio. Target returns are not guarantees or promises of future return.
Mercury Treasury is not insured by the FDIC. Mercury Treasury are not deposits or other obligations of Choice Financial Group or Evolve Bank & Trust, and are not guaranteed by Choice Financial Group or Evolve Bank & Trust. Mercury Treasury products are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal invested.
- Deposits in Mercury checking and savings accounts are held by our partner banks, Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC. Through sweep networks, these funds become eligible for up to $5M in FDIC Insurance. Learn more here.
- To receive cashback, your Mercury accounts must be open and in good standing, meaning they cannot be suspended, restricted, past due, or otherwise in default. Learn more about cashback.
- The Mercury Debit Cards are issued by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC, pursuant to licenses from MasterCard. The IO Card is issued by Patriot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard.