We launched about four years ago with basic functionality, and now we’re refining our product and building out new features. Thankfully, our customers seem to like what we’ve built so far:
Technically, we’re working on these challenges:
- Frontend — React, Typescript, Redux: Creating a beautiful user interface. We iterate on designs and don’t compromise until we have a great product.
- Backend — Haskell, Yesod, Persistent: Integrating with services and third party APIs to accurately track financial data and make payments.
- Operations — Nix, Postgres, AWS: Maintaining a stable, secure fleet of servers.
- Mobile — Swift, Kotlin: We have native iOS and Android apps.
The Risk Infrastructure team supports Mercury by building essential tooling and software infrastructure to ensure that we can manage compliance and fraud risk across all areas of our business. Today, we’re furthering that mission by building a Decision Engine - a tool that allows our internal users to write, test, and safely deploy and run policies while getting monitoring, testing, and auditability by default.
As a backend engineer on the Risk Infrastructure team, you’ll do things like:
- Add and enhance features and improve the developer UX of the Decision Engine Core library
- Work across all areas of the Mercury product to expand coverage of risk infrastructure systems
- Collaborate with domain experts in risk and compliance to write and deploy new features and rules
- Spend time troubleshooting and optimizing queries to ensure they run quickly and correctly
- Build and support new ways for our Risk Operations team to apply or remove friction from customer transactions
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working at the senior level or higher with a focus on full-stack or backend engineering. We’re looking for someone that is interested in learning Haskell and is comfortable working in SQL.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees (any location): $203,100-238,900 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 184,800 - 217,400
Engineers at Mercury have extensive influence on product. We like correctness, cross-functional communication, and Monopoly Deal.