Internal Audit Lead
Internal Audit at Mercury consists of two teams Internal Audit & Compliance Assurance. Our mission is to support Mercury and provide independent assurance over Mercury’s risk management, governance and internal control processes. This team helps to identify potential risks that could cause trouble for Mercury and collaborate with the business to get ahead of those risks. Assesses Mercury's internal controls to make sure we have our bases covered and things are designed/operating effectively. Amd is responsible for reporting findings to leadership and process owners and providing recommendations when possible.
We’re looking to hire an Internal Audit Lead to help build out the core of our Internal Audit function at Mercury and execute on our audit plan. You’ll help execute audits internally within Mercury as well as supporting audits being conducted externally by partners and third parties. Over time, you will become a subject matter expert on Mercury’s operations and compliance obligations.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Scope and plan internal audits across Mercury products and operations
- Conduct process walkthroughs and execute audit testing to confirm the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls
- Coach and train junior team members and review their audit testing workpapers
- Assess compliance with Mercury’s compliance obligations
- Socialize, document, and report audit issues identified
- Collaborate with teams to develop appropriate action plans, track audit issue remediation, and conduct/review issue follow up testing
- Assist in creating the annual audit plan, including maintaining the audit universe and executing annual audit entity risk assessments
- Other duties as assigned
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- Have experience scoping and planning new, complex audits
- Have experience leading audit teams and coaching team members
- Be comfortable conducting walkthroughs, creating audit test plans, and executing internal controls testing
- Have experience working with financial services companies, and have a working knowledge of laws, regulations and risk management standards for financial services
- Have experience in auditing BSA/AML/Sanctions compliance, payments (wires / ACH), and/or Card products.
- Have the ability to quickly grasp and understand complex business processes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage their own schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Be a self-starter, someone who likes to innovate and think about how we can do things differently to be more efficient and effective
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle: $155,600 - 183,000
- US employees outside of New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle: $140,000 - 164,700
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 141,600 - 166,500
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
About the team
Support innovative ideas while maintaining regulations and policies internally, with our partners, and directly with customers. We like transparency, integrity, and great jokes.