Senior Data Scientist - Marketing
In the 1840s, Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace worked on an early version of the computer known as the “Analytics Engine”. In the words of computing historian Doron Swade, “What Lovelace saw...was that numbers could represent entities other than quantity” and together they laid the foundation for general-purpose computing.
While much has changed since then, the importance of numbers in building great technology remains. We’re looking for Data Scientists who can help us build our analytics engine by making meaning from data and identifying opportunities for improvement.
As a Marketing Data Scientist at Mercury, you will partner with senior Marketing leaders and the Performance Marketing team, as well as Brand Marketing, Product Marketing and Lifecycle Marketing to acquire, engage, and convert Mercury customers around the globe. You will develop various skills as a full-stack Data Scientist working on projects end-to-end and build deep domain expertise in the intersection of Data Science and Marketing. You will set the direction for our marketing measurement strategy and ensure it fits within Mercury’s broader growth, product and company goals.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Collaborate with Marketing stakeholders and other cross-functional partners to identify impactful business questions, conduct deep-dive analysis, and communicate findings and actionable recommendations to audiences at all levels to inform data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists and Data Engineers to build and improve different marketing measurement capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Finance team on LTV and ROI calculations
- Develop and apply marketing measurement capabilities such as A/B Testing, Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM), and Multi-touch Attribution (MTA) to evaluate the performance of our marketing effort.
- Build and deploy machine learning and statistical models such as Customer Lifetime Value, Lead Scoring, Segmentation, and time-series forecasting end to end
- Influence and partner with engineering, design, and business teams to implement data-based recommendations that will improve entrepreneurs’ lives and generate revenue for Mercury.
- Have 5+ years of experience working with marketing and advertising teams on goaling, experimentation, funnels, reporting and finding new opportunities with minimal guidance.
- Have fluency in SQL, and other statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R, etc.).
- Have experience with non-technical marketing measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, and various ad platforms like AdWords and Meta.
- Familiarity with tools like Segment and the technical aspects of sending measurement signals to ad platforms
- Have experience crafting data pipelines and dashboards, and understand different database structures.
- Be super organized and communicative. You will need to prioritize and manage projects to maximize impact, supporting multiple stakeholders with varying quantitative skill levels.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits. Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees (any location): $203,100 - 238,900 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 184,800 - 217,400
Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.