August 30, 2021
Announcing Card Only Users
Today we’re releasing Card only users, a new user permission tier for your Mercury account. These users get physical and virtual debit cards* with limited access to company information, so your team is empowered to make payments without compromising on security.
Here’s how it works from the admin side:
- Select ‘Card only user’ when adding a new team member and set daily transaction and ATM limits
- We’ll send an email prompting the new user to create a login for your Mercury account
- They can issue themselves a virtual card for instant use or mail themselves a physical card
We thought actively about how to build this user permission tier for Card only users while maintaining the same UX quality that admins get.
Card only users still have a Mercury dashboard and can use our iOS app, where they can view transaction history, freeze or unfreeze a card, click to reveal their card number, change their pin, and issue a virtual or physical card. They can’t see account balances, change security or team settings, or adjust daily card limits.
You can see this user type in your Mercury dashboard and on your Mercury iOS app. Head to the Team Settings page to create a Card only user in just a few clicks.
A large thank you to Lev, Michael, Baeo, David, James and the entire Cards team for their tireless work on this feature.
More news from Mercury
💰 Wefunder update—our crowdfund & new perk
Last month we announced our Series B, including a $5m allocation for our community to invest via Wefunder. We received over $23m in reservations from 3,500+ individual investors. If you participated in the round, we're very happy to have you on our cap table. Look out for a note about next steps soon.
We're also happy to share a new Wefunder perk: Mercury users get a 20% discount on fees for new Wefunder customers. Head to your perks page to redeem this offer.
🌱 Fresh perks
We’re always looking for new ways to help your startup succeed. Check out the latest perks we’ve set up for you.
- Catch, freelancer/contractor benefits — 4 months free
- Churn Buster, failed payment recovery — 10% off first year
- Close, sales CRM — 14-day trial, free migration from any CRM, and $300 subscription credit
- Drata, automated SOC2 software — 20% off & free implementation ($7k savings)
- Firstbase, online US incorporation — 10% off incorporation services
- Flow Finance, accounting & analytics — 50% off first 6 months. ☕ Tea Room customers: add $15k accounting fee deferral
- Freshworks, CRM & HR — $10k total credits
- Mux, video tool for developers — $1k credit
- NameCheap, domain registrar — free or 50% off domains
- Office Together, hybrid office desk reservations — 2 months free
- Remote, global HR solutions — 20% off all hires. ☕ Tea Room customers: add 1 free strategy session
...and here are a couple of bonus perks, just for Tea Room Customers.
- CleverTap for Startups, customer engagement tool — 50% off for 12 months
- Embroker, business insurance — 10% credit
⏩ What’s next
We’re still working on features like large transaction payment approvals and more ways to make payments, as well as improvements to our iOS and Android apps.
We know that granular user permissions help you and your team work with precision and peace of mind. If there are other types of user permissions you’d like to see, or you just want to say hi, send us a note at [email protected]. We always love to chat.
The Mercury Team
*The Mercury Debit Cards are issued by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC, pursuant to licenses from Mastercard.